terça-feira, 17 de maio de 2011

Tips for living in New York

Advantages and disadvantages
A story to tell
I am Brazilian and I live in New York for seven years.I'm really happy living here.When I arrived I spoke only basic English a tourist and after 4 years since my English was fluent without ever having gone to school.Once you get a chance to study for English courses are not expensive and I went to learn grammar because I already knew how to read and write well.I arranged employment two days after I arrived, I was babysitting today and do flowers for parties. Whenever I got enough to support myself, pay rent and send money to my family in Brazil.I never regretted coming, the bad points of NY is that rents are very expensive and living alone is something unthinkable! You have to have roomates to share the debt with rent, water and light.Another downside is that it makes strong cold during eight months, slight chill for 2 months and only 2 months of heat fortissimo.I recommend the tourist season is coming autumn, between 1 and 15 November when the trees are all in color, is a spectacle!If you want to see snow, see in January or February, but get ready for a 20 degrees below zero!Spring is very beautiful, but the first month it is still cold and only in early May starts to get better and sunny, but has many rainy days, so think twice.Advantage here is that not lack job when you work a lot (not immigrant works less than 12 hours almost never), the conditions are good, public health and for everybody, even the undocumented. Living close to so many different cultures enriches you too, you acquire habits that you never imagined, meet people from around the world! And yes to save the money and a lot! In seven years working out moderately and eating well I already bought a house and an apartment in Sao Paulo. I do not think it could so easily in Brazil. Now the best thing of all is you leave the theater having seen a film in NY and bumping into the Times Square ... priceless (as they say here)If you can, come on, is a priceless experience!I'm not going back to Brazil soon!


Financial life
And wonderful life in New York but the cost of living and very expensive (one of the mostexpensive U.S.) and medical courses cost an average $ 40,000 dollars per year.Outside bedroom / chalet. The workload is heavy then lacked time to work. Brazilian knowledge that formed on the outside and they are super comfortable working in Albert Einstein in Brazil and some still in NY.

Do not forget that the method of choice of universities are super strict besides faces.You need to have high points in the TOEFL test (English), SAT and ACT (general knowledge), historic school with excellent grades, writing, curriculum etc ...

For you have an idea, my husband's nephew took a year preparing to enter law schoolin the U.S. have been several tests, several requirements, writing, etc ... She went tostudy law at Georgetown University that the same Bill Clinton (former U.S. president)studied! He went well beyond the tests and such, his grades were 9.10 each year ofschool.
But there are less demanding universities.

If you really want and why, among the websites of various schools and begin to learn more.



Where can I buy watches?
Look for

Swatch Watches
640 Broadway & Bleeker St. or at 100 West 72nd Street

Macy's
151 W. 34th St., at Broadway, first fl

World Watch
2218 Broadway, at 79th St





Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário